Written by- Nikita Rajani
[Guided by Ms. Leela Taparia and Ms. Monika Malik]
This is the seventh part of the dart manipulation series in which we will learn how the bust dart is transferred into the Waist dart.
In case you missed the previous dart manipulation blogs, then click on the link given below to have a read-
Dart manipulation is one of the most important techniques when it comes to pattern- drafting. The shape and fit of the garment depends on the darts. Darts manipulation converts a flat piece of fabric into a 3D garment.
Basically, dart manipulation means moving darts around the bodice block, where ever you want them. Darts don’t disappear, they are manipulated into a different position.
SO, basically there are 7 basic locations where you can transfer the dart. But, the possiblities are endless…you can move them to any location on the sloper.
THE WAIST DART
Follow the following steps:
- Trace front bodice block.
2. Mark point A to the center of waist dart and apex point as B. Join A to B with straight line.
3. Fold the bust dart and secure it with glue. Slash from point from A to B.
- All vertical darts fold towards the center front or center back of the garment.
- All horizontal darts fold towards the hem line of the garment.
4. Stitch a paper underneath the slashed dart. And the bust dart has been manipulated into the Waist.
This is how the manipulation of bust dart into the waist look on a ready garment.
Hope this blog was a great learning experience.
For more such blogs do follow, like, comment and share.